Medical Technical Lab Assistant (m/f)
At a glance
- State Certified Qualification
- 3 years
- Attendance fee
- Examination fee
- 350,00 EUR
Purpose of Training
The purpose of this vocational training is to acquire profound expertise as well as the respective practical skills required for working in medical and scientific laboratories. With some relevant work experience, you will also be able to take up positions in middle management, e.g. as laboratory managers, later on.
For imparting such sound knowledge and competencies, we offer a carefully thought-out combination of theoretical lessons, practical classes in well-equipped teaching laboratories, and external internships.
Contents of Training
These 3 pillars of training are designed to enable our students to meet the complex requirements of a profession, which typically requires a proficient and professional work approach as well as the ability to work independently.
The vocational school for medical-technical assistants is state-approved and complies with nationwide standards set by the MTA Act, which also regulates the course of training. Learning contents are specified by the curriculum of vocational schools for medical-technical assistants of the Bavarian Ministry of Education.
Classes take place in state-of-the-art classrooms and laboratories. Thanks to our team of competent and committed lecturers, we can create a pleasant learning atmosphere and provide consistent mentoring - also during external internships. This may be the key to our high satisfaction and graduation rate. Generally, MTLAs have pretty good prospects on the job market.
Theory Lessons and Practical Classes
Occupational Studies and Civics
- Mathematics, Statistics, Documentation and Data processing
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- English (field-related)
- Biology and Ecology
- Pathology and Hygiene
- Anatomy, Physiology and Pathophysiology
- Clinical Chemistry including equipment
- Histology and Cytology
- Practice: Documentation and Data Processing
- Practice: Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Practice: Physics
- Practice: First Aid
- Practice: Hematology
- Practice: Microbiology
- Practice: Clinical Chemistry
- Practice: Histology and Cytology
Practical Training: Internships
- Clinical Chemistry
Admission Requirements for International Applicants
- General school leaving certificate issued in your home country that can be recognized as a German Mittlerer Schulabschluss (intermediate school leaving certificate)
- Medical certificate confirming an adequate health condition for this profession (not older than 3 months)
- Police clearance certificate (not older than 3 months)
- Certified copy of the identity card or passport
- German language skills on at least level B2 (certificate from Goethe Institute or Telc)
- Proof of an apprenticeship contract
1. Select a date and click on registration
2. Submit registration and get started!
full time e.g. Mon. to Thu.: 08:10 - 17:15, Fri. 08:10 - 13:00
- Course number